Monday, December 7, 2009


Today I'm home sick from work. It's pouring rain outside and I'm sitting on the couch in front of Food Network in my jammies. It would seriously be the best day ever if I didn't have a sore throat and stuffy head. I thought of a fun way to keep myself entertained.

One thing I look forward to each holiday season is the design*sponge gift guides. There are always tons of great gift ideas, both for giving and receiving. So today I am going to channel my inner-Grace Bonney and make my own gift guide. But I'm a little more selfish... my theme is me haha :)

Turquoise polkadot tights, $20. Philosphy "Pink Frosted Layer Cake" shower gel, $16. An assortment of acrylic paints. The ingredients to make this cocktail. Tasty taco brooch, $6. Mike Perry prints, $75. "Our Mountain" a book by Steven Harrington.


Vosges Haut Chocolat 16-piece holiday truffle collection with special holiday flavors, $43. Betsey Johnson bunny ring, $50. Jonathan Adler ceramic whale pitcher, $95 (I think I would use it as a vase!). Jonathan Adler tall cermaic bird, $68 . Kimchi Blue t-strap flats, $28 (I like the girliness). Snuggie, $14.99. Novelty socks from Fred Flare, $10. Ostrich necklace, $118.

And finally...

These amazing clothes from Dear Creatures. I love their 60s-early 70s aesthetics, and the way they style their models. I like attention to detail like that. Sometimes I see clothes that are really awesome, but they're just hanging there on some plain girl. They also have great photoshoots and the post-production on their Fall 2009 photos is UH-MAZING. See what I mean:

2 comments:

Bucca said...

thanks so much for the referral to dearcreatures.com fantastic - also this post has some great Christmas gift ideas!

kelly ♥ said...

Thanks! I'm glad you likey :) Dear Creatures is so awesome. They are adding an online shop to their site, but in the meantime I found a lot of their stuff at 80spurple.com.