Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Les Nereides/N2


My BFF Rachael just got back from a month-long trip to Europe, and she brought me back this crazy ostrich necklace (the one with the rainboots, on the right)! She first saw it in Paris last year and sent me a picture of it, knowing I would appreciate it. I became obsessed with it. I love gaudy, crazy jewelry. Especially anything with animals. I have pretty good collections of Betsey Johnson rings and vintage brooches. Vintage brooches are my favorite and I have everything from a carousel horse to a corn on the cob (maybe I will post about those some time). I searched far and wide for this necklace (she couldn’t remember the exact name of the brand) and finally noticed that Anthropologie had it online, but by the time I had made my decision to buy it, it sold out. So I was super stoked when she presented me with this fun gift today, and now I know who makes it. According to Rachael, Les Nereides is like the parent brand and more high end, while N2 is their “little sister” brand. I checked out their website and they make all sorts of wacky accessories. Here are some of my favorites.



No comments: