Monday, November 22, 2010

Flaming Lips


Should I do music every Monday? I’m not exactly on top of things right now, but I know what I like and I can share it.

At the end of this post is a Flaming Lips flash playlist.


The Flaming Lips are special to me for many reasons. First off, they own. So, there’s that.

Second, I have never seen a better live show. Okay, maybe Of Montreal comes close (centaur costume a couple tours ago!), but there is something magical and epic about a Flaming Lips show.


Third, my husband proposed to me at Flaming Lips show on New Years Eve. They did the count down and he pulled out the ring!


Fourth, we used “Do You Realize?” as our wedding song (the one I walked down the “aisle” too. Quotations because it wasn’t really an aisle).


And finally, if you do the math of when our daughter was conceived, it was most likely the weekend we saw them at the Del Mar racetrack for free the summer of 2009.


Oh and then, when I was pregnant, my friends over at Yo Gabba Gabba invited me to come see the taping of the Flaming Lips on the show, and I COULDN’T GO. Long story, has to do with doctor’s orders. One of the biggest “Doh!” moments of my life for sure.


I took the pictures in this post the last time I saw them. At this show, the confetti guns malfunctioned and I got a kick out of watching one of the dudes on the crew kind of freaking out about it and trying to fix it during the song. During the show, Wayne talked to the crowd and I thought what he said was so cool that I found a video of it on YouTube later so we could transcribe it for the Toddland blog. Read it here.





Do you recognize the Kylie Minogue song? :)

No comments: