Monday, April 18, 2011

shortcake party accessories


I found this ridiculously adorable etsy store called shortcake party picks. I love the rainbow pom poms and the tulle pom garland.

Baby Z’s first birthday is next month! (The weekend of May 21-22) We don’t want to go too crazy and throw her a huge party. We just want our families there, and we are going to eat lunch, do cake and presents, and then go to the park behind our place so Z and her cousins can play. Even though I say I don’t want to go too crazy, I really can’t help myself when it comes to party decorations. I know our families don’t care if there are decorations or not, but I do. At least for the sake of having cute pictures to look back on. So I have one month to get it all together! Starting with ordering some of these super cute garlands.




3 comments:

Lara said...

I can't believe it's been a year already!

I love the little cake topper! I've seen people make them like bunting out of fun paper on string and wood skewers. Oh, and here's a tissue paper pom pom tutorial!

http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to

kelly ♥ said...

Thanks! I need to work on my pom pom skills. I tried making the yarn ones and I felt like circus music was playing. They looked all wonky. :B

Lara said...

ahahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialAmySedaris#p/u/1/eygy9IbC1qw