Monday, May 16, 2011

Patchwork Indie Arts & Crafts Festival

Sunday was the Patchwork Indie Arts & Craft Festival in Long Beach. It did not disappoint! Here are some photos I took while I was there.

I thought these ceramics by Eri Sugimoto were really pretty. Dare I saaaay, beautiful.
My favorite vendor was Backyard in a Jar. I've been really interested in jamming and pickling lately. It feels like such a summery thing to do. Creator Delilah Snell offers classes in food preservation, and my best friend Rachael and I intend to take one! We each bought her wild onion marmalade.


My other favorite vendors were all the people selling terrariums and the really cute ceramics by Andrea Luna Reece. And yet, I didn't end up buying anything from either! I have a terrible habit of bypassing the "pricier" items because I budget myself and only carry so much cash, and I get worried that if I make a big purchase when I first get there, I might see something I "must have" toward the end and not have any cash left. But of course, I end up squandering my money away on odds and ends, because $4 for this and $8 for that isn't so scary. That adds up, and by the end of the day I ended up with a hamburger ring, a cute print for our living room, a drumstick (as in chicken) brooch, and a belly full of expensive food truck food. That's all nice, but a terrarium or cute ceramic plant holder makes a bigger statement, and I probably would have been happier if I just bought one of those and called it a day. I think next time around, I am going to change my technique!



I thought these knit plant cozies from Freyja were pretty adorable.
Donut hat (hello, amazing) and fun crayon creatures by CrayonFawn.

Cute scarves by Made in the ALI. Plus she was nice enough to pose for a picture without thinking I was a creep.
Prize ribbons with initials or numbers on them, perfect for little ones' birthdays! Made by Clover Threads.
Jewelry by Enchanted Leaves.
V is for Violet had really cute stuff, like felt hair clips in the shapes of donuts, drumsticks, and popsicles, bacon plush, cloud plush, etc. Plus the girl was super duper nice!
Finally, photographer Martin Franco Vielma II (phew!) was on the scene taking free professional photos. We didn't get in on the action, but we did get a picture taken of Zoey. Can't wait to see it when it becomes available!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

knit plant cozies - perfect for your mom. This looks like so much fun, i wish it were going on every weekend.

Lara said...

OMG I want everything! I always miss the crafty fairs going on in Richmond. Need to make a better effort at checking them out.

kelly ♥ said...

I always leave those things being stoked on my own stuff, and inspired to do more.

Roberta said...

wonderful blog! :)

http://traveloguewithlove.blogspot.com/