Friday, May 27, 2011

Taking it back to the early 90s...

I was inspired by this picture (second one down) of Lara from My Milk Glass Heart when she was 14. Doesn’t she just look like the epitome of the early 90s? It’s so funny how that stuff is back now. Here’s some feel-good 90s music to start out the Memorial Day weekend. 

Matthew Sweet - "Sick of Myself"

Archers of Loaf - "Web In Front"

Pavement - "Cut Your Hair"

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Not Sleeping Around"

Dinosaur Jr - "Start Choppin"

Sonic Youth - "Sugar Kane"

The Flaming Lips - "She Don't Use Jelly"

4 comments:

Lara said...

You're so cute! I was obsessed with Sonic Youth! And The Melvins, Paul Westerbeg, Mother Love Bone, Screaming Trees, and Pearl Jam (of course) and Dinosaur Jr. Wow.
Pretty much the Singles soundtrack.

kelly ♥ said...

When I saw that picture, "Nearly Lost You" by Screaming Trees immediately popped into my head!

The Corbett Kid. said...

oh the memories: you're making me want to dig out old mixed tapes. but where is my tape player? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

kelly ♥ said...

HA! I know. I don't think I saved any tapes, and even if I did, I don't own a stereo anymore to play them on! I've been thinking of buying one though, because I also have records and no place to hook up my turntable...