Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tote bag

Yay! I made this tear drop print and got it printed via Spoonflower, and I finally got around to sewing a tote bag last night. The straps are neon pink and are so crazy bright that they won't even photograph right. I am pretty happy with it. I need to make a few more for practice, so I guess all my gal pals will be getting tote bags as gifts some time in the near future.

I added some of the buttons I made.


I also made this unicorn print and had it printed via Spoonflower. In hindsight, I wish I'd made it more magical. I used it here on the inside. Now my bag is reversible!




8 comments:

the grumbles said...

i love it! i am not a brights person, as you obviously are, but you inspire me to be more... brights. maybe. maaaaaaybe. everything i own is black and gray.

kelly ♥ said...

Thanks! Gurrrrl I mostly wear dull colors too when it comes to clothes (black, brown, gray, navy, olive, etc) but I think adding a crazy accessory is a great way to “jazz” it up. In fact, I’m wearing pretty much all black today, so the tote bag is really helping me spice things up :)

(P.S. Yay for you)

Sarah said...

So bright! I'm with the grumbles. Usually black and grey. But today? Purple. And grey. Hehe.

kelly ♥ said...

Gray is my one of my favorite colors (non-colors?)

The Corbett Kid. said...

looking good, dude. looking good.

Lara said...

how could you make those unicorns any more magical? It's perfect!

Love the mustard and hot pink. Seriously.

kelly ♥ said...

I guess the unicorns themselves are magical enough, but I was thinking of adding a second, smaller element to the print.

Mustard and hot pink – who knew?!

Anonymous said...

love, love love!!!