Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun with camera phone

We went to Kyle’s parents house in Redlands this weekend and stopped by this huge thrift store. It’s a really creepy place. It looks like people died, and they just took all of their stuff and dumped it here. I mean ALL of it. One time we saw a hair brush... with hair still in it! And walkers and photo albums and picture frames with the photos still in them, and someone’s forgotten trophies... But among all this creepiness you can find some pretty cool stuff for ridiculously cheap. I found this cat print for $3. It was in a broken frame, so I will just need to reframe it.


I think Zoey’s room needs a little pick-me-up. A little pizzazz. I got wooden letters and spray paint at Michael’s. It will go: Z (orange), O (sky blue), E (hot pink), Y (yellow).

I went out for my friend Kristine’s birthday on a Thursday night, which is very uncharacteristic of me! But it was fun. We went to one of our favorite places, Haven Gastropub and I was excited to check out their brand new cocktail menu, inspired by the prohibition era. This drink is called The Green Monk (Hayman’s Old Tom Gin, Green Chartreuse, fresh cucumber and sage). It was very cucumbery and sagey and delicious. We all ordered and passed around for tastes, so all together we tried the Atomic No. 47, Pimm’s, Grounds for Divorce, and Green Monk.

Dahlias from Trader Joe's!

On Saturday night, I made fresh peach ice cream, using this recipe from Cooking Light. I cut the sugar in half, and next time may just not put any in at all. It was good.




2 comments:

Lara said...

I saw your tweets last night about that creepy thrift store. Grooooss! That cat drawing is awesome though!

Oh! There's restaurant a block away from my place that does crazy mixed drinks like that and they always get passed around to taste too. Love it!

Gotta get an ice cream maker!

kelly ♥ said...

I love fancy cocktails!

You would love an ice cream maker. I have this one and love it: http://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-21.html