Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh hai

I've been on a little hiatus this week because as a little post birthday gift to myself, I took this week off from work. I've been hanging out with Z a lot, so as you can imagine, I haven't been able to get a thing done :) There's been a lot of playing, coloring, hiding the crayons when she starts heading toward the wall with them, going to the park, watching episodes of "Olivia", and running errands. But part of the reason I took the week off was not only to spend time with Z, but to get some work done for the upcoming Patchwork show. So my mom was kind enough to entertain her for a little bit today while I got some things done. And I got a pretty good amount done, including the bags in the top picture. My mom is going to take her again for a bit on Friday so I can get some more things done. What a gal. 

I always joke about how productive I am now that I have a kid. It makes you value your time so much more. I may not be able to get much done while she's around, but when I get a moment to myself I'm like Wonder Woman up in this bitch. Yesterday, Kyle came home from work and decided to take Zoey to Target. I was home for an hour by myself and in that hour, I stained a bunch of wood hearts, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, made a batch of fresh ricotta cheese, and prepped some tomatoes for making oven dried tomatoes!

One fun thing we've done this week while I've been off work was go to Bruxie in Old Town Orange for dinner. On normal week nights, I get home from work too late for us to go out and do anything as a family, and we are all about routine in the evening, so it was a nice change of pace. Zoey even got to stay up a little later than usual.

Soooo yeah... I'll be back!

No comments: