Monday, January 23, 2012

Fun with camera phone

Not this past Christmas, but the Christmas before (2010), Kyle surprised me with a set of Orla Kiely towels. I love them. In fact, I loved them so much that they went straight to the linen closet, still wrapped in plastic, to save for some imaginary special day that I planned on using them. I decided that's dumb, and I am making it a point to start using all my nice things. I have no idea what I'm saving them for, and if someone's going to use them it should be me.

Had lunch at the famous Pizzeria Mozza. Foodies everywhere will shun me when I say *shrug* I wasn't that impressed.

I love Saturday nights, but for all the wrong reasons.

There's a cute little shop at The Camp called Viva Eclectico. I bought these paper straws there.

Perhaps you remember my post about organizing my life and getting rid of clutter? I've been sticking to my guns! I have a ridiculous collection of cook books that I don't even use. A lot of them were purchased at the book store that was going out of business, or from the bargain section. These are the ones I actually use. 

My friend Paul always has a good shoe/sock combo going on. I appreciate his attention to detail. He also always matches his coffee mug to his outfit. 



5 comments:

Gracie said...

Oh I love those towels! Also love that Plenty cookbook, although I've only made a few things from it so far. The aubergine and lemon risotto was delish.

Lara said...

So flippin glad you're using those towels!

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

I haven't tried those recipes, Gracie! I must now. The caramelized garlic tart alone was worth the purchase of the book. It's the best thing I have ever made at home! I find a lot of the recipes, and especially the stories that accompany them, a little pretentious at times though.

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

Mmmmhmm Lara! I'm also drinking water out of my nice glasses and eating off the good plates! It feels nice.

frien said...

DOOD I LOVE that paul matches his mug to his outfit!! I feel the same about my underwear.