Monday, February 20, 2012

Snapshots

I just loved this light fixture. I always see light fixtures I love, but they require being wired into the ceiling, and we are renters so... no. This one was just a hanging light fixture with a regular plug. It was very tempting, but I didn't buy it. It would have been too expensive for an impulse buy. I'd need a plan first. It's huge!

These are pretty creepy. Notice that their "stands" are actually the tops of their cut-off heads!

Hey now.

This little cutie came home with me and is now hanging in Zoey's play room, but on a wall where it is still visible from the rest of Xanadu so that I can enjoy it. Kyle thinks it's kind of creepy.

I love all this colored glass. I didn't buy any though. It doesn't really go with that whole trying-to-declutter-and-simplify thing I've got going on right now. But I do love the way it looks when it's all grouped together, like here at the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs (scroll to bottom of the post linked).

2 comments:

Gracie said...

I actually really like those dolls head planters! Have you seen this? http://noirfacade.livejournal.com/1086900.html It's one of my favourite ever photo shoots I think

Lara said...

Love that lil painting! It IS creepy but in a good way!

Omg I want to hang lamps everywhere! We did a lightweight IKEA one in the bathroom and used these things to keep it all tidy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I97FHY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004WQPZK8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=012W64Z8W29YWN9CJE3E