Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vintage Barware

Set of Libbey carousel animal glasses, via Bliss & Vinegar vintage shop.

Vintage barware is one of my favorite things to browse when I'm at an antique store or flea market. There are so many unique, colorful, and playful illustrations and patterns. I especially love when they come in a little carrying caddy. Lucky for us and our bank account, having an almost 2-year old means there aren't very many cocktail parties going on at Xanadu (ah who am I kidding, I'd go to bed at 10 and watch Seinfeld every night with or without the little one). But it sure is fun to look. Actually, the only set of vintage barware I do own happens to be one of these Libbey carousel animal sets shown above. I guess if you're going to own one set, that's a pretty rad one to own. Here are some more neat ones I found on etsy.

Russel Wright "Eclipse" glasses, via The Frabjous Day.

Gold pattern cocktail glass set, via Object of Beauty.


An interesting pattern, via Vintage Harbor.

Circus glasses, via Found Shop.

Numbers set, via Viva Estelle.






4 comments:

Nadja said...

I'M GOING TO DIE OVER THE CAT GLASSES!!!!!!!!!! YELLING!!! CAT GLASSES!!!!

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

DON'T DIE! JUST BUY THEM AND LIVE INSTEAD!

Bridget from Refined Vintage said...

I love vintage bar ware too! There are so many styles variations from the whimsical like you have shown, to the classic & sexy. For me nothing is better then a favorite cocktail when it is sipped from the rim of a vintage glass. My favorite style is vintage stemware.

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

Thanks for the comment, Bridget! I'm always looking at vintage tumblers (I guess that's what they're called?), but now I'm inspired to look for some stemware.