Monday, April 23, 2012

Snapshots: Staycation

I mentioned last week that I would be making homemade funnel cakes for Kyle's birthday. Well, my mom offered to come over and stay with Zoey so that we could go out for a birthday dinner. So instead I made homemade fritters for breakfast! The recipe was for apple fritters, but we were out of apples, so I made banana fritters. They were amazing! Of course, I added festive birthday sprinkles.

Zoey is now obsessed with birthdays. She hands us things that already belong to us and says "Happy birthday!" Her 2nd birthday is just a month away.

We took Zoey to a petting zoo called Zoomars in San Juan Capistrano. She loved feeding the bunnies. They also had llamas, goats, and chickens. Afterward, we went out to lunch at El Adobe.

We went to the LA Farmer's Market.

Zoey is obsessed with stickers. So we bought her very first sticker album. 
And a bunch of stickers for me too :)

We went to Main Street in Seal Beach. We ate at Beachwood BBQ, then went to the kite shop and flew a kite on the beach.

We got gelato in Laguna Beach, then went down to the beach and showed Z the water. I am pretty sure all we did was eat on this vacation. I have never been more excited to eat a salad and go to the gym. My back boobs have back boobs now.

We went to Knott's Berry Farm. We told Zoey we were going to Snoopy's house, and all the way there she said "I wanna see Snoopy, Mama, I wanna hug him. I wanna pet him." Thank goodness we really did find Snoopy when we got there!

And even with all that action, our favorite day was the one where we stayed home, made dinner on the grill and ate outside on our patio with Z. We left the grill on and made s'mores for dessert.








4 comments:

Amber @ Backwards Life said...

oooh I need to make those fritters!!! Thanks for the link and the idea to make them banana :-)

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

Next time I'm thinking blueberry fritters!

Julie said...

I have to say...this is such a sweet post. Z is a lucky lil lady to have such fun parents! Can't wait to show Emma how to fly a kite :)

Lara said...

Best staycation ever!
Z looks like that kite could carry her away! She's so wee!