Thursday, April 5, 2012

Snapshots: Umami Burger (Costa Mesa)


The new Umami Burger just opened in Costa Mesa. People go nuts for the LA locations, so I had to try it. The classic Umami burger was good. I really liked the texture added by the parmesan crisp, and the meat was cooked perfectly medium rare. The fries (regular and sweet potato) were a bit disappointing - very average. I paid almost $20 for a burger and fries. Would I do it again? Not any time soon. Maybe once every few months. It's a good gourmet burger, albeit a bit overhyped. For a standard burger I will stick with TK Burger's Big Bargain Special for less than $6.

Located at The Camp
2981 Bristol St.
Costa Mesa
714.957.2981






2 comments:

TheShoeGirl said...

Love the food, hate the logo.


XOX

kelly ♥ let's die friends ♥ said...

Flappy vag logo, for sure.