Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Zoey!

Two years ago today, a tiny, adorable alien tap danced right on out of my cooter and into our hearts.

We had a little shindig for her in my parents backyard. It was really casual. I didn't even go crazy making decorations like I normally would. Except for the balloon wall I made to take pictures in front of. The "theme" was strawberries (her favorite food), so everything was red, pink and green. Instead of a regular birthday cake, we had angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Our little homegirl had a lot of fun and crashed out that night.

Zoey is seriously rad. So multifaceted, this little gal. She loves taking care of her babies and she always says clothes and shoes are "so cute", but she also gets really excited about comic books and she loves Joker (from Batman). She loves to dance and sing along to Yo Gabba Gabba and Fresh Beat Band. She gets excited every time she sees a skateboard. She is fearless at the park, which freaks me out sometimes. She will climb up to the top of anything.

Kyle is trying to get her excited about baseball, which Zoey actually calls "Dodger ball." And I can't wait for the day when we can go eat sushi together, nerd out over decorating her room, and watch "Clueless." Although who knows? She might prefer Star Wars. 

She's pretty hilarious, absolutely adorable, and is talking in sentences. 

video
Here she is opening presents on the morning of her birthday party. Yeah, we sleep in Christmas jammies in May!


Sometimes I tell Kyle, "I always thought we'd have a pretty cute kid, but I never imagined she would be this damn cute."






4 comments:

Lara said...

OMG I can't believe it's been 2 years! I remember when you got preggos with her! Crazy watching her grow up! She is pretty much the cutest kid ever, with the cutest parents ever! :D Happy Birthday Zoey!

Nadja Brocus said...

Awesome picture holding her upside down and shaking out all her money.

Happy Birthday!

Amber @ Backwards Life said...

That balloon wall is awesome. Totally pinning and stealing for next time :-)

Happy birthday Z. The theme is super cute and suited her to a tee.

Sarah said...

Hoorah balloon wall! That dress? Amazing. You're looking pretty damn gorgeous. And duh - you made a super cute kid. :)