Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Snapshots

I liked the way the light was coming in on our couch in the late afternoon.

A fancy cocktail out with my friends to celebrate 2 of them getting new jobs! This was called a Bauhaus Tonic - gin, muddled cucumber, lime, tonic, and burnt thyme.


My cat, caught on camera! Her name is Miso but I kind of wish it were Sasquatch. She is 7 years old. I acquired her outside of a Target. Some couple had her in a cardboard box with a slice of pizza and were trying to give her away. They had just moved into an apartment and found her abandoned there. I picked her up and she climbed up onto my shoulder and nuzzled into my hair, and I said "I'll take her." I ended up skipping Target and going straight to the vet to have her checked out. She was estimated at 5 weeks old, and the vet had to squeeze her to make her pee! She had ear mites, too. But we got her all fixed up and she's been with us since. She totally loves Kyle more than me, even though I am the one who rescued her. And she's kind of a bitch, but I still love her. Zoey calls her "Mimi."

Went for a nice walk around our neighborhood and it smelled so good thanks to all the honeysuckle.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Awww it was meant to be with Miso! (cute name!)

Love that they gave her a slice of pizza!

Oh! Burnt thyme! Those fancy aromatics in drinks are so much fun!