Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Some things I like right now...

This "Ohoy" wallpaper, via Fine Little Day, drawn by 8-year old Otto Dunker.


The Orla Kiely Autumn/Winter 2012 photo shoot, photographed by Venetia Scott.

Current favorite cheeses. For a while, I was trying all sorts of new cheeses, making weekly stops at The Cheese Shop, and making myself cheese plates for dinner with all the accoutrements. But I was really starting to put on weight, which I seem to do very easily, so I had to stop. I'm back on cheese, but not as crazy as before. I've started portioning it out right after I open it so that I won't go overboard. I make little indentations in it with a knife so I know where to cut it when it's time to eat it. I also try to buy cheeses with stronger flavors, where a little bit goes a long way. The unmarked one is my go-to blue cheese, Blue Castello. It's a creamy blue cheese that's tasty on it's own, but also melts really nicely.


And I love this gold leaf cement planter DIY from Ruffled.




2 comments:

OT and ET said...

my little boy's name is Otto so whenever I hear of another little boy named Otto I get all happy and kind of dork out. It's a good thing I live in the US where this happens once every year or so; if I lived in central Europe where Ottos run around like Joes do here it'd be problematic. Anyways I just really love that wallpaper a lot!

L.R. said...

Oh that wallpaper is adorable! Love that a little kid did the drawings.

That Orla model is so skinny, it bothers me.

Really want to do a gold leaf diy soon.

And btw... I just downloaded that Diiv song. So good!