Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cocktail Time


1. Crosshatch Globe Decanter by DwellStudio, $185.  2. Capuchine decanter, Jonathan Adler, $168.  3. Hobnail Pitcher, Anthropologie, $78.  4. Walnut woodgrain ice bucket, Mr. Ice Bucket, $30.  5. Pop rocks glass in orange, Jonathan Adler, $14.  6. Gold horse swizzle sticks (set of 10), Gnome Sweet Gnome, $12.  7. Santorini coasters (set of 4), Jonathan Adler, $68.  8. Metallic gold striped paper straws.

These are a few of my current favorite bar accessories. There are so many great bar accessories that I could probably make, like, 20 of these little collages, all with a different theme or color story. I love those decanters so much, but they are so out of my price range. I was thinking about trying a little DIY project to mimic the DwellStudio one with the gold crosshatching at the bottom.

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I asked my friends to stock my bar for my birthday. I just happened to find a recipe for a cocktail called Stormy Morning on a site called The Framed Table, that uses some of the things I received as gifts. It's so tasty, I thought I'd share it.

1.5 oz Créme de Violette 
1.5 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur 
1 oz fresh lime juice 
4 oz champagne
Lime wedges to garnish

Pour the creme de violette over ice. Add St. Germain and lime juice and top off with Champagne.

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

What a gorgeous list! Love it!

And thank you so much for including my little horse drink stirrers!

Lara said...

Those horse swizzle sticks are killing me! I've been prepping for the future barcart and just got some striped paper straws at Marshalls today and a a sweet Halloween clearance cocktail shaker from Target with a skull & crossbones that says POISON. adorbs. Now for a bar cart that doesn't cost a fortune! Oh... and booze.