Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#wesandersonclustercuss Halloween Party


On Saturday night we went to a super fun Wes Anderson-themed Halloween party, hosted by Toddland. The attention to detail was awesome. The party was on a boat (renamed the Belafonte for the night), limited to 75 people, and the captain and boat crew were dressed like Team Zissou. The ladies restroom on the boat had framed photos of Margot Tenenbaum on the wall. There was a guy who was specifically hired to wear a Team Zissou outfit and play David Bowie songs on an acoustic guitar. Upstairs, where the dancefloor was, was themed like The Life Aquatic. There was a "Loquasto International Film Festival" banner, and seahorses danging from the ceiling colored up like the "crayon ponyfish." Even the food at the party was a mix of references from different movies. Pictured above is one of the photo opps on the dock so people could take photos before boarding The Belafonte.

I must say for a self-proclaimed hater of crafting, Rachael certainly did an awesome job on her mask.

Todd as the narrator from Moonrise Kingdom (that is his real beard, colored grey), and Paul as cousin Ben from Moonrise Kingdom. Figuring there would be a ton of Margot Tenenbaums and Suzys (Moonrise Kingdom), I tried to think of an obscure reference. I wish I could take credit, but his one was actually Kyle's idea. I was the wounded zebra from Margot Tenenbaum's first play. See reference here:

I was right about the Margots and Suzys, so I was proud of my costume as the only wounded zebra on the boat! Plus, that shizzle was super comfy and warm. Although I did have to shed it at one point because I got pretty hot doing my sweet interpretive dancefloor moves with Rachael and Kristine. Best part was that I overheard Todd explaining us to his friends. "That's Kelly and Rachael. They do this..." Ha! Love it.

Kristine as the jaguar shark! She even used glow-in-the-dark paint.

Rachael and Josh dressed like Mr. and Mrs. Fox. 

Amber, one of the hosts, dressed as Laura Bishop (Moonrise Kingdom).

Props to this dude for dressing as Suzy's record player. It must have been hard to maneuver that on the boat's narrow staircases!

Two girls dressed in Indian clothing and passed out "sweet lime" shots.

Todd posing with the most convincing Owen Wilson I've ever seen.

Those are some of my photos from the party, but for more awesomeness, check out this Pinterest board featuring party pictures, or look up #wesandersonclustercuss on instagram.

I remember when Todd first started Toddland, he said that if things ever really took off, he wanted Toddland to be known for it's Halloween parties in the same way that Paul Frank was known for it's Christmas parties. This first one will be pretty hard to top. 








2 comments:

OT and ET said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your costume best. I'm not just saying that.

Lara said...

I don't use the word "epic" very often but this is off the charts epic! You are so lucky you could go to this... and on a freakin boat for christ's sake!