Friday, May 24, 2013

Some Things I Like Right Now...

This cute little vignette from Pigment in San Diego. I really like the idea of rugs that aren't really aligned with anything (as seen above), or 2 or more rugs layered on top of each other. 

Brass pineapple canisters. What a weird little bunch of knick knacks. I love me some quirky accessories. One or two of these would be great in a home office to hold paper clips and things like that.


I bought myself a few gifts at Anthropologie on Mother's Day. One of them was this Sweet Almond candle, which smells better than it sounds. The smell is creamy, warm, and just slightly sweet. Even when it's not burning, I can smell it, and when I get home from work and open the front door it smells faintly of this candle inside. I think it's a new favorite.

I also treated myself to a few new vintage brooches. I should post an update on my brooch collection. I've added some really cool new pieces!

I read a lot of blogs, and rarely does something on a blog inspire me as much as this recent post on DesignLoveFest did on throwing a backyard summer "mixology" party. Every single image was pin-worthy, including the 2 above (via designlovefest).


Sanibel placemat from Anthropologie.


These ceramic vessels by Up In The Air Somewhere feel so super summery.

And finally, even though I don't have a photo to share, we made this creme brulĂ©e french toast a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. If you try it, make sure you use awesome bread. We used a big, hearty loaf of French bread, cut into thick slices. It soaks overnight and then gets baked in the oven in the morning. Easiest thing ever.



No comments: